What Personal Information Does Toxuus Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to personalize and improve our service. We collect the following types of information from you:
Information You Provide to Us:
We may receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The personal information you provide may be used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain products and services, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials, sales offers and new products.
- Registration: In order for you to use our website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require your email address, username, first and last name, institution or affliation, department, department website, degree obtained.
- We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Toxuus may automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Toxuus cookie information, and the page you requested. Toxuus uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Generally, our service may automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website and its components. This data is only used in the aggregate, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the website, so we can make the website appealing to as many users as possible. In addition, we may provide statistical information, not information about you personally, to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our website. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their areas and our website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal Web experience.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Toxuus will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Toxuus if your computer supports this type of program, in order to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We may also send out emails with news, notifications, or promotions. If you do not want to receive e-email or other mail from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information from Other Sources:
For purposes such as improving personalization of our service, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What about Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Toxuus cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your email address is.
Will Toxuus Share Any of the Information it Receives?
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only with your consent or to the business partners and affiliates as described below:
Our personnel (including, for the avoidance of doubt, consultants and/or contractors) may have access to user information while carrying out their duties in the normal course of our website.
- Affiliated Business We Do Not Control:
We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction. We will only share personal information that is necessary for the affiliate to complete the transaction. We require our affiliates to provide the same level of privacy protection that we do and they do not have the right to share or use personal information for any purpose other than for an authorized transaction.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, and providing customer service. You hereby consent to our sharing of your personal information for the above purposes.
- Protection of Toxuus and Others:
Is Information About Me Secure?
- Your Toxuus account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only Toxuus employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your personal information on our website and correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate by updating your profile under the 'Edit Profile' section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the 'What Personal Information Does Toxuus Collect?' section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Toxuus account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- As explained earlier, the 'help' portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Can Children Use Toxuus' Services?
You must be at least 13 years old to register to use the Toxuus website. As a result, Toxuus does not specifically collect information about children.
Conditions of Use
Third Party Websites
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the Toxuus website, please send a detailed message to email@example.com. Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.